top of page
3.png
House
Date of Construction
History
Abbeyfield Care Home
Abernethy Golf Course
Abernethy Highland Games
The oldest traditional Highland Games in Scotland; home of the Clan Grant Gathering
Abernethy Parish Church & Graveyard
See other history pages for Old Kirk & Graveyard, Nethy Bridge Parish Church Manse, House of Abernethy
Abernethy Primary School
Abernethy War Memorial
Aberniddrie
Built by David & Margaret Pert previous owners of Tigh na Fraoch.
Achnagoichan
Ailianbeg Lodge
Alderbank
Once the home of Joe Lobban, a joiner whose memories of Kincardine are in the Explore Abernethy Visitor Centre
Aldersyde
1896
Built by 1896, near site of John Crowley's spring destroyed in the flood of 1829.
Altea
Amberley
Ardach
Ardavon Cottage
Ardavon House
Past owners David Cormack E Cutherberton Bought by M McCreath in 1998
Aspen Lodge
The Old Police Station converted and run as a sports hire and ski school by Keith and Shirley Bateman from 1993 to 1994.
Auchendean
Bought in July 1986 from Robert & Eileen Troup (now of Tulloch), gas & peat dealer
Aultmore House
Aultmore House was built between 1911 and 1914. It was commissioned by Archibald Mirrielees whose father, an Aberdonian, and his partner, Mr Muir had made their fortune in Russia. Initially they were involved in import /export but later founded the Moscow department store M&M's which is still to be found.
Aundorach
Badandossan
Badanfhuarain
Badanfhuarain Cottage
Balachan
Balliefurth Farm
The land around Balliefurth Farm was a very important place pre 1920 as it was where the Grants crossed the River Spey to get to the meeting place at old Ballintomb where they held their fairs/courts and rallied for war.
Balliemore
Balliemore Cottage
Balnagowan
Margaret Grant (teacher at Abernethy Primary School) Andrew & Caroline Raffer
Balnagowan Mill
Balnagowan Steading
Beckside
Bele Rive
Belford
Ben Mhic Dhui
Benachie Cottage
Bertie
Bertie More in 2006 at the Post Office, Nethy Bridge
Birch Cottage
Birchfield
Lane to Rothiemoon Farm alongside Duack Burn.  OS NH 997 206 09871 GPS N57 15906 W003 09871
Black Bridge
Blythswood
Borneo
Braehead
Braemore
Broomhill Bridge
1863 - original bridge 1894 - bridge rebuilt
Brunswick
Former owner Mr & Mrs Hamish McAndrew (roadman) son of Hamish McAndrew (tailor).
Bynack
Bynack Stable
Caberfeidh
At one time house for Drill Sergeant . Also, a butcher's shop.
Cairngorm
Cala
Carlthorpe
Carlthorpe, Nethy Bridge. (photograph courtesy of Alastair McCook) Along the B970, near the Nethy Bridge golf course
Castle Roy
On a mount about one mile out of the village on the way to Grantown
Causer
In 1871 there were 3 wooden houses called Causer Cottages near the Smithy, and Causer farm near the modern crossroads.
Clachbhan
Clachbheo
Clan Fishing Rods
Coille Glas
Community Centre
Built as the Institute by 1905 with money raised by Trustees it was first called reading room;
Coulnakyle
Coulnakyle Sawmill
Craiggowrie
James Charles Grant ? To 1968; Mysie Lillian Clark 1968 to 1977;  Sheila & Maurice Smith 1977 to 1998;  Gillianne & David Clegg 1998 - present day
Craigmore Cottage
Craigmore Cottage, Craigmore - next to Craigmore Mill
Craigmore Mill
Previously a meal mill now occupied by Clan Rods Limited
Croftallan
Croftbank
Kerry & Anne McCusker built this house and lived in it for a short time. Richard & Patricia Eccles
Cullachie
Dairy
Mr Richard George, who owned a herd of about fourteen Ayrshire cows which was daily driven through the village to various pastures and taken back to be milked by 5pm. Later Jimmy George until after WW
Dalbuick
Dalnaglar
Davie Miller (1927-2006)
Davie Miller died on Sunday 21st May 2006 - the following eulogy is reproduced with the kind permission of his family.
Delbog
Delbog was once occupied by the Cameron's, Alec Morley's (the present owner)grandfather;
Dell Cottage (nursery)
Dell Iron Mill
'... The York Building Company finding this part of Sir James Grant's estate a most eligible situation for carrying on other articles of trade and commerce, they erected a furnace for casting iron and several forges for making it fit for the uses of the country and for exportation. They made into charcoal immense quantities of wood, which was used in these furnaces and forges...'  A case in the court of session 1784
Dell of Abernethy
The original part of the building was a cotter-house (a 'but and ben' - now West Dell wing) built around the 17th century.  It was thatched, as thatch was found in the eves during recent renovations. The fire-places were added at a later stage in its history along with 'pit-sawn' roof timbers and tie-beams which are still there and can be seen in the living-room.  The rest of the building was then built (apart from a wing at the rear which came later) also around 17c.
Dell Pipe Boring Mill
John More Planning and Location of the Mill In February 1765 the Laird James Grant of Grant sought advice after receiving an inquiry on 'supplying the New River company' of London.
Dell Tree Nursery, Summerhouse and Cone Kiln
Seafield Estate (present) For over a century, the nursery was used to raise Scots Pine (Pinus sylvestris) seedlings for the Seafield Estate and for sale.
Dell Wood
A Nature Reserve managed by Scottish Natural Heritage, containing some Explore Abernethy Trails.
Derraid
Dirdhu Court
A MacLeod built estate of various designed houses built in 1990s.
Dorback School House
Dornie
Dornoch Cottage
Drill Hall
Meeting hall for Army personnel during World War One and Two. Village concerts and dances. Demolished after WW2
Drinking Fountain
Duack Cottage
Duack Lodge
House built and stayed in by same family for 97 years (family name Stewart) till bought by Ronnie and Chris Dunn in 1982. The daughter they bought it from was born in the house the year it was built.
Duack Sawmill
Mr. MacDonald c.1860 - 1882 Run by Mr. MacDonald Born Stratherrick. Aged in early 20's and single whilst at the mill. Married Miss Stewart, from Tulloch.
Duncruin
Ellonbreck
Explore Abernethy
Fairview
Formerly Richard and Jimmy George's dairy until after WW II.
Fairwinds
Farthings
Fasga na Coille
Miss Annie Bannatyne. Miss Anne Holt daughter of RD Holt of Forest Lodge. Previous owners Jack & Marietta Philip 19??
Feorag
Feorag Cottage
Suffered a fire to the roof c. 2000.
Fern Cottage
Fiodhag
Firwood
Flag Pole
In 1997 Nethy Bridge Community Council ran a competition to design a flag for the village This was open to all pupils and former pupils of Abernethy School Catherine MacLennan (age 14) was the winner
bottom of page